A 50 Year Tradition
Dr. Vineyard obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in 1962 from the University of Texas and his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1966 from the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston, Texas. Dr. Vineyard is a third-generation producer whose grandfather brought some of the first cattle to Texas from Mexico and his father was one of the earliest members of the Santa Gertrudis Breeders International Association. Vineyard Cattle Co. (VCC ) entered the Brangus business in 1972 primarily to breed Brangus cattle to supply range bulls for their commercial cow-calf operation. This event led VCC to the position it proudly has established today.
Vineyard Cattle Co. purchased 13 bred heifers from Dr. Herman Gardner at Willow Springs Ranch in 1972 and started a legacy in the registered Brangus business. 45 years later, the VCC Cow Herd has been established as one of the leading Total Maternal Herds in the Brangus Breed.
2006 was a successful transition year for VCC. We sold our Matagorda County Ranch and moved to WhartonCounty. The ranch is located on the Colorado River near the small community of Magnet, Texas, only 15 minutes from our main office in Wharton, TX. This 1500 acre Ranch has been part of the VCC operation since 1975.
Mr. Ed Baranowski, Jr., a long time consultant and friend of VCC, came on board as Manager of VCC.
There are very few master breeders in any breed, and Dr. Vineyard, Nancy, Kelly & Stirling are definitely a family that owns a herd that is considered a landmark herd.